With disturbances occurring on a persistent basis related to data security on the web, the majority of people are deciding to quit from social networking website. In this web savvy world, no one is unknown of this social networking podium.
This is none other than Facebook that has topped the charts of social media as well as social networking website since last many years. There is a reality prevailing that people have no more faith in the security offered by FB as well as its privacy setting.
“With account compromise issues that occur in this social media platform every fortnight due to security loopholes, the majority of the users have decided to delete Facebook account permanently. “
Deleting Facebook account on a permanent basis just because of security reasons can really trouble you a bit. Doing this, will leave you nowhere and lot even let you get connected with groups, friends and official clients and give instant updates which could have been easily done using Facebook.
Facebook account deactivation can be the other option to get away from hacking attempts being made by cyberpunks every other day due to FB security or privacy issues. Are you really sure that deactivation of FB account on a temporary basis, can prevent your social networking account from getting compromised? If yes, then you can go ahead to deactivate Facebook account temporarily.
Why People Are taking Decision to Delete Facebook Account Permanently
- Outage or slow response issues on
- Security loophole really making Facebook technically incompetent to be trusted.
- Facebook is making people feel that their life is full of anxiety.
- Cannot manage time having an account with Facebook.
- Facebook application downtime freezes the smartphone device.
- No securities of private data as third party applications take access of the same from FB.
“As per the research conducted by Cornel University, 1/3rd of the total population accessing web has suspended or cancelled their Facebook account. The majority of them have a common reason, which was related to privacy concerns.”
You will be surprised if you come to know some interesting facts about Social Media Networking site- “Facebook”.
“More than 1/3 rd population ranging between 16-34 years of age, have deleted their Facebook account as they do not find this social networking website cool enough”.
The adverse effect of Facebook is such that more than 60% of the youngsters have blocked their family members as well as not permitting them to send a friend request, which is bullying their privacy.
“The recent survey conducted in Jan 2017 reveals that 10% of the Facebook users between the age 16-34 years have quit their FB account permanently once they found their known-ones are peeping in their account. They have now signed-up with some other platform to be secure from the radar of parents or known ones.”
Unaware of Difference between Delete and De-Activation of Facebook Account
People accessing FB are in ambiguity as they are unable to understand the difference between permanent deletion and deactivation of the Facebook account. To make them aware about the same, below mentioned are the points that can help in getting Facebook account offline.
Deactivation of Facebook Account:
- The Facebook account can be re-activated as per the requirement of the user.
- The timeline of deactivated Facebook account cannot be seen or searched.
- Only messages sent to friends as well as known ones is visible.
- Friends and account information are restored by Facebook automatically upon re-activation.
Deletion of Facebook Account:
The users need to consider certain things; when he/she is looking to delete Facebook account.
- Facebook does not delete account immediately as it is kept in the deactivated mode for 14 days. The deletion is deferred by FB itself as there is a possibility that the users change their mind and access social media account that leads to termination of account delete request.
- The Facebook account deletion request cannot be revoked after 14 days as the complete profile of social networking users, get terminated from the database.
- Data stored in the backup system of the Facebook server takes up to 90 days to get deleted. But the timeline or profile of the user cannot be accessed.
- Log files of the deleted profile are stored in the Facebook They are completely disassociated with other people.
Now, it is clear from above-mentioned points that deactivating Facebook account is a cool-off period. While the FB account, once deleted after completion of 14 grace days, cannot be revoked again after the process is executed successfully.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account Temporarily?
Using Web Browser on PC and Smartphone Device
- Sign-in into Facebook account and go to settings by clicking on down arrow key
- Clicking on the same will take you to General account setting page.
- Look for the option ‘Manage accounts’ in the same page and click on edit.
- Doing this will expand the section underneath which you will find the link “Deactivate your account”
- Now click the same upon which you are asked to enter the legitimate password.
- Enter the account password to authenticate your ownership on this Facebook account.
- Now, you will be redirected to a new page in which Facebook ask the reason for leaving.
- Tick on any of the radio button that matches your reason to deactivate Facebook account. Prefer ticking on last radio button and and specify exact reason in the box
- Don’t forget to tick the check box for opting out from receiving future messages from Facebook.
- Finally click on ‘Deactivate’ button which will display the message “Your Account has been deactivated”
- Congrats!! You have successfully deactivated your Facebook Account.
- If you’ve changed your mind and want to use Facebook again, then simply sign-in again
Using Facebook App using Android and iOS device
- Tap on Facebook App and access the news feed interface entering login details
- If the credentials are already saved, then news feed interface will flash up on your screen.
- Tap on menu section in the top-right corner resembling with three horizontal lines
- Once done, Tap on ‘Account Settings’ which will take you to the settings page.
- A tap on ‘General’ category will unveil certain options.
- Look for ‘Manage Account’ option in the same and tap on it
- There you’ll find Deactivate option, Just tap the same
- Finally, enter the legitimate password to deactivate Facebook account
How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently?
Facebook deletion is a permanent process if it crosses 14-days grace period. The FB account once deleted, cannot be restored in any case. The user need act fast and take decision wisely before deleting FB account using PC or smartphone device. They cannot find the steps regarding how to delete facebook account without password, which is not at all possible as the authenticity of the user is always required when he/she looks to terminate Facebook account permanently.
Here are the steps to delete Facebook account permanently using Web Browser or App:
Delete Facebook Account Permanently using Web Browser
- Access Facebook account on any of the web browser installed on your PC or smartphone device using authentic login credentials. In case you are not able to login successfully, then reset the FB password using the phone number, email address or by using Google account (if available).
- Once accessing Facebook account dashboard successfully, you will find a down-arrow icon seen in the top-right corner alongside Lock sign.
- As the new page is displayed on a web browser, you will find a link “Download A Copy”.
- Click on that link and take a backup copy of your Facebook data.
- Now go to Privacy settings and make modifications in all the attributes by clicking on edit button.
- Once it is done, clear Facebook history by removing all the chat messages and remove some or all of your previous actions or commenting which contain personal information.
- Now open another tab on your web browser and paste the following URL:
- Once the page is displayed, read the message carefully before clicking on the button “Delete My Account”.
- As you press the button, provide Facebook account password to authenticate ownership on your account.
- Also, fill up the captcha code text in the box before pressing OK button.
- Once it is done, an alert box is displayed by the name “Permanently Delete Account”.
- Read the text message in the alert box and press OK button to initiate the process to delete Facebook account
Delete Facebook Account Permanently using Facebook App on Smartphone Device
- Unlock your smartphone device by using pattern or security code.
- Now tap on Facebook app seen on the home screen or menu icon with three lines
- Tap on that icon and reach account settings.
- Now go to help and settings section, tap the general category
- Once, done, you will find deactivate option corresponding to account option.
- Click on the deactivate option and then provide the password of FB account to prove your ownership of this account.
- Fill up the captcha code and click on the continue button to execute the process for deactivating FB account.
Note: Do remember, your Facebook account gets automatically deactivate once the delete request is initiated. It gives the user a 14 days grace period to take a decision and re-activate the account. If the grace period is over, Facebook will delete your account permanently and there is no chance to restore the deleted FB account.
Tags: deactivate facebook account temporarily, delete Facebook account, delete facebook account permanently, how to delete facebook account without password