Are you pissed off using Facebook messenger? Wondering how to log out of Facebook messenger app? Unfortunately, the new Facebook messenger app doesn’t have a logout option like the original Facebook app.
Last week I went through the app’s reviews section in the App Store. Expectedly, there were more negative reviews, which show that lots of people aren’t happy about that.
The old version of Facebook messenger had logout button in it, but Facebook has redesigned the user interface of the new messenger app. They have removed the logout button in its current design.
Isn’t it clingy? If you are once logged in, you are in for life.
However, there’s a way out!!
I know Facebook has gone too aggressive, not letting its users to logged out of the app. It is quite frustrating. But, relax!! Let me help you get out of this. We’ll show you the roundabout way to logout of Facebook Messenger.
Easy ways to Logout of Facebook Messenger within Facebook messenger app.
Facebook recommends that you are required to delete the Facebook messenger app and re-install it, in order to get logged out of it. However, it’s very time consuming and it will consume data at the same time. So, don’t be a fool, you are smart and you don’t have to do it that way. Follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of this annoying application.
- Tap on the Facebook messenger chat app on your device.
- Tap the icon for SETTINGS on the left upper corner.
- Tap on TERMS OF SERVICE.
- Scroll down to find the highlighted words, DATA USE POLICY. Tap on that blue hyperlink.
- Tap on the menu bar on the top left corner.
- Tap on MORE RESOURCES
- Tap on DEVELOPER PAYMENT TERMS
- Zoom your screen gently until you can see clearly your PROFILE PICTURE at the top right corner. Tap your picture to reveal the drop down menu.
- Tap LOG OUT from that drop down menu.
- You can now ready to login from another Facebook messenger account.
Easy steps to Logout of Facebook Messenger without Facebook messenger app.
- Go to the settings menu on your device and tap to open.
- Scroll down to look for “Apps” option and tap on it.
- The list of all the apps installed on your device will show on your screen.
- Find out messenger by scrolling down
- As you find Facebook messenger, tap on it
- Now you will find two option- “CLEAR DATA” and “CLEAR CACHE“.
- Tap on the “CLEAR DATA“.
- Congratulations you have successfully logged out from the messenger.
No more annoyed face!!
You can now easily logout from the Facebook messenger by following either of the above-mentioned steps. However, if you face any issues while logging out of the Facebook messenger, you can directly call on Facebook support number. The tech experts are available around the clock to provide an instant solution to the users.