Skip to content
Reset Facebook Account Password with Recovery Phone Number
- Switch on your computer and connect it to the internet.
- Once it is successfully connected, open any browser you wish to work on.
- Type Facebook.com in the address bar and hit enter
- Facebook login page will appear on your computer screen
- Enter your username or email address and click on “Forgot account”.
- A new page will open on your computer screen, enter your registered phone number in the box
- Select the option: text me a code to reset or Recover Facebook Password and then click on the continue button to proceed further.
- Once the 6-digit code is received on your phone, just enter the same code in the next slide or on the new webpage displayed. Click on the continue button.
- Once you have completed the verification process, a new page will appear on your computer screen.
- Create and enter a new strong password and further retype the same to confirm.
- Click on the continue.
- The new message will be displayed “ Your password is reset successfully”.
Reset Facebook Account Password with Google Account
- Open any browser of your choice and type facebook.com on the address bar.
- Facebook login page will appear on the computer screen.
- Click on “Forget account”
- A new page will appear on the screen.
- Enter the registered email address in the box and click on search.
- Click on “Use my Google account” and click on the continue button.
- Log into Google (if you aren’t already) to quickly reset your password.
- Check if the pop-up has appeared in your mail to reset your Facebook Password.
- Click on the popup, it will direct you to a webpage where you need to create a new password.
- Create a new Password by using special characters and numbers.
- Further, retype the same password to confirm.
- Once the continue button is clicked, a new slide is displayed, in which the user needs to confirm his/her identity by choosing a security check option and performing the steps required to authenticate the ownership of the Facebook account.
- There are three methods such as verification of security code sent to the registered phone number, verify friend’s photo and answering security questions to authenticate the ownership of the Facebook
- In case the phone is not working or Smartphone device is not available at that point of time, then the user has no other option to authenticate the ownership of the Facebook account with security questions or by identifying the images of friends added to the social networking website.